How to Move Navigation Menu Below The Header in Thesis
I got few mails asking how to move navigation menu below the header in Thesis, so I decided to write this on my blog so this will be helpful for those people who are new to Thesis.For those who even don’t know what is Thesis they should read my review of Thesis WordPress theme.
Moving navigation menu below the header is a very easy task even for those who are new to Thesis, mainly thesis customization is controlled by custom.css and custom_functions.php files.Customization in Thesis theme is done by hooks there are different hooks for different purposes, so remembering every hook is not an easy task so read how to Customize Thesis with OpenHook WordPress Plugin.See the image below shows navigation menu above header.
Below are the steps to move navigation menu below the header in Thesis theme:
- Login to your FTP Account using FTP client
- Navigate to Thesis Theme Folder in wp-content/themes/ folder
- Rename Custom Sample folder to Custom
- Now Login to admin panel of your blog
- Select Custom File Editor option in Thesis options menu in admin panel of your blog
- Choose custom_functions.php and click Ediit selected file button
- Paste the code below in the file editor
remove_action('thesis_hook_before_header', 'thesis_nav_menu'); add_action('thesis_hook_after_header', 'thesis_nav_menu');
- Then Click The Big Ass Save button and you are done.
The image below shows navigation menu below the header.
Following the steps above will move the navigation menu below the header in Thesis wordpress theme as shown in the above image.