FV WordPress Flowplayer Plugin Review
FV WordPress Flowplayer plugin is a free, easy-to-use, and complete solution for embedding FLV or MP4 videos into your posts or pages.
- Plugin is completely non-commercial. It contains modified opensource version of Flowplayer 3.1.3, with removed FP logo and copyright notice.
- Supported video formats are FLV, H.264, and MP4. Multiple videos can be displayed in one post or page.
- Plugin is compatible with WordPress 3.0
- Default options for all the embedded videos can be set in comprehensive administration menu.
- It is loosely based on WordPress Flowplayer plugin. However, there are several improvements:
- Doesn’t use jQuery, so there will be no future conflicts with other plugins.
- Usage is simpler and forgiving, making the plugin easier to use.
- It will never display any annoying flowplayer logos or copyrights over your videos.
- Allows user to display clickable splash screen at the beginning of video (which not only looks good, but improves the performance significantly).
- Allows user to display popup box after the video ends, with any HTML content (clickable links, images, styling, etc.)
- Allows to upload videos and images through WP Media Library
- Does not use configuration file, but WordPress Options
There aren’t any special requirements for FV WordPress Flowplayer to work, and you don’t need to install any additional plugins.
- Download and unpack zip archive containing the plugin.
- Upload the fv-wordpress-flowplayer directory into wp-content/plugins/ directory of your wordpress installation.
- Go into WordPress plugins setup in WordPress administration interface and activate FV WordPress Flowplayer plugin.
- Optionally, if you want to embed videos denoted just by their filename, you can create the /videos/ directory located directly in the root of your domain and place your videos there. Otherwise, you would have to type in a complete URL of video files.
Download:FV WordPress Flowplayer